2011年2月11日金曜日

When I'm not called to an ozashiki party, what should I do?

Generally, a new geisha is not called to an ozashiki party every day, because there are not enough parties for all geisha to be called to.

So, when a new geisha is not called to an ozashiki party, she just has to wait at the "Okiya", geisha house in case someone to call her .

Last year, when I was not called, I stood-by waiting many times while I was practicing the shamisen or tsudsumi.

However, to tell the truth, I sometimes felt sad, when I was not called to an ozashiki party because I had to spend a lot of time waiting.

Generally, the ozashiki parties start between 6pm and 7pm, and finish between 8pm and 9pm, so I have to wait for around 3 hours.

In January, many customers also held after parties, so I had 2 or 3 ozashiki parties in a day.
However till last December, I was not called to an after party every time, so I sometimes waited for someone to call at the "Okiya".

Nevertheless the busy month has finished, and my life has returned back to a typical new geisha's lifestyle.

Yesterday, only I was not called to an after party, so my work finished at 8pm. However it was too early to go home.

If it were last year, I would have waited for someone to call me at the "Okiya".
However last night, I thought of going to the "Izakaya", Japanese bar, which my close geisha sister sometimes invites me to.

When we go there, we talk about many topics, not only about our work.
That "Izakaya"'s owner knows our senior geisha sisters and the rules of "Karyukai", the geisha world, so he sometimes gives us some advice.
I really like that "Izakaya".

However whenever I go there, I don't pay because my close geisha sister treats me every time.

So one of my purposes to visit that "Izakaya" last night was to deposit my money with the owner in order to pay the next time when my close geisha sister and I go there.

We have to be careful when we eat at a restaurant, because it's hard to notice, if any of our customers see us.

So on that day, I untied my hair, and removed my red lipstick, but when I opened the door to enter "Izakaya", I felt tension.

Unfortunately, there were a few customers who knew some geisha at the "Izakaya".
However the owner introduced me to them, so I was able to enjoy talking with them despite meeting them for the first time.

This time, I was happy to be able to use my money which I had earnedn in my working place, to treat my close geisha sister and support my favorite "Izakaya".

Last year I just wanted to be loved by the customers, who mostly live in Hachioji. However this year I want to show my love to Hachioji and Hachioji's people by patronizing Hachioji local establishments.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿