Since last December, I have been receiving traditional Japanese dance lessons almost once a week.
My dance teacher and my geisha mother quickly permitted me to dance one song at an ozashiki party. So I could make my debut as a dancer.
However when my geisha mother and I were called to the same ozashiki party, and I danced to her shamisen playing, she said to me that my form had become worse compared to previously.
She said to me that I was leaning forward too much while I was dancing.
I felt disappointed and I was afraid that she would ask me to stop dancing at ozashiki parties.
Nevertheless contrary to my expectation, she didn’t ask me to stop dancing, and I continued to dance at several ozashiki parties. But I still felt uneasy.
After that, I started to study and practice the dance for a new song. I like that song because I had seen that dance performed several times at ozashiki parties.
I could quickly remember that song’s dance moves because almost everyday I had been practicing that song. When I checked my form in the mirror at the Okiya I thought my form was pretty good.
However when my geisha mother assessed this new song she said to me that my form was very bad and that I have to practice more in front of the mirror. She spent a long time correcting my dance form.
She said again just as she had said when she checked my dance in January that my body was not perfectly aligned since my pelvis is higher on the right side than the left.
She added that I should sink my shoulders more in order to accentuate my neck long.
Her advice was very logical and she showed me the correct way to dance again and again. My heart was full of appreciation.
After her assessment she bought me 2 new “Sensu” (扇子 - a Japanese fan) for the new song and for another song which I’ll learn in the near future.
Of course I have to pay her back, however I felt very glad, because she put her trust in me.
I want to perform to the level of her expectation.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿