My geisha sister, who is a geisha mother of a different okiya, organized a first-aid lesson.
She invited two first-aid instructors to give a class which all of Hachioji’s geisha and also the owners of some local restaurants attended.
When I was a high school student, I was a member of the junior red cross, so I learned some first-aid skills such as CPR which included chest compression and artificial respiration.
However at that time, the AED was not common, so we had to learn manual method of resuscitation. I had forgetten most of the skills I had learnt at that time so I was looking forward to the lesson.
The lesson was held on the second floor of the “kenban”, the geisha office.
At first, the instructors taught us from a text book.
Secondly, we practiced CPR, the artificial respiration and chest compression, using special dolls.
The instructors distributed mouthpieces to us for doing the artificial respiration.
When we practiced the artificial respiration on the dolls, their chests swelled out if the air entered their lungs correctly.
The instructors taught us that we must do artificial respiration two times after finishing 30 chest compressions.
The instructors also said that before we start the CPR we must do the following things:
1. Look around in order to check for other possible danger.
2. Confirm whether the patient has lost consciousness or not by tapping them on the shoulder and speaking to them.
3. Calling for people nearby to help and ask them to call an ambulance and look for an AED.
4. Confirm whether the patient is breathing or not.
After doing the above, we start the artificial respiration and chest compressions using the AED.
It was first time for me to use AED, however it was easy to use.
All people who attended the lesson were able to do CPR successfully.
That lesson was very interesting.
The organizer will schedule a self protection drill next time.
It also sounds interesting.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿