I started to receive dance lessons last December.
I'm not permitted to play the shamisen alone yet at ozashiki parties because my geisha mother said to me that my skill as a solo shamisen player is not good enough.
However I want to be a "geisha", who can perform various traditional "geisha" arts, not just a hostess, so I started to practice traditional Japanese dance.
However, when my geisha family went to the Spa Resort Hawaiians last December and we received a Tahitian dance lesson, everyone laughed at my dance style.
They said that my dance style was funny.
My geisha mother said to me that it might be hard for me to do traditional Japanese dance well, because the ability needed to do Tahitian dance and traditional Japanese dance is the same.
I was shocked by what she said, so I have been practicing to dance very hard everyday since I started to receive dance lessons.
At the end of December, she checked my dance and gave me some advice.
She also wanted me to dance at the ozashiki parties, so she said to me that she would make me into a good dancer by the end of January.
In the middle of January, she checked my dance again.
I got tense.
While she was playing the shamisen, she checked my dance form.
She and I knew that my body is not perfectly balanced since the pelvis on my right side is higher than the left side. So I felt that she checked my form strictly.
However when I finished dancing, she said that my form was beautiful, and that she would permit me to dance at the ozashiki parties.
In addition, she gave me a new Japanese fan.
I was really glad.
That night, I danced at an ozashiki party.
After that party, I also danced several times at other parties.
The guests of the parties said to me that I could dance well and they asked me how long I had been dancing.
They were surprised by my relatively short experience.
One thing I realized is that the space and condition for dancing in each restaurant is different.
For example, when I danced for the first time at an ozashiki party, the space was very small.
On the second occasion, the floor was very sticky.
And at an ozashiki party last night, there was a gap in the floor on the stage.
I have to practice harder in order to be able to dance well in all conditions.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿