At the end of the year, there are 2 events in my geisha household.
One of them is complete housecleaning of the "Okiya", geisha house, and the other is our end of year party with my geisha mother and geisha sisters.
As our "Okiya" is a big house, it's tough to do thorough housecleaning throughout.
Since there are 8 people in my geisha family, including my geisha mother, we shared the work.
I took charge of cleaning the second floor with 3 other geisha sisters.
As the matter of fact, not only is the "Okiya" a big house, but it is also very old and made of wood, so it was very cold when we were doing the housecleaning because stopped the air conditioners.
In addition, I'm sensitive to the cold, so it was very tough for me to clean.
However it was interesting for me to do housecleaning with my geisha sisters.
Even though it was very dusty in my "Okiya", we really enjoyed the housecleaning.
When we finished cleaning the second floor, the other members were still cleaning the kitchen.
I know, it's most time consuming to clean the kitchen.
While the other geisha sisters were cleaning the kitchen, the members who had cleaned the second floor, also cleaned the entrance.
We found many "Zori", Japanese sandals, while we were cleaning up the shoe rack, since we didn't know who they belonged to, we confirmed with our geisha mother and other geisha sisters about whose were whose.
When we had finished everything, we felt a sense of accomplishment.
2 days after the housecleaning, my geisha mother invited us to the end of year party.
Actually, we had already eaten dinner with her the day before the end of year party.
My geisha mother sometimes invites us for dinner, even when we don't have any ozashiki parties and when we are helping out other members at the "Okiya".
On the day before the end of year party, we were sewing some garments, which were necessary for an important geisha event, in the kitchen, when my geisha mother came back, she invited all of us to dinner.
Even though we already had eaten dinner with her, I was still looking forward to the end of year party.
After the trip to The Spa Resort Hawaiians, I feel more comfortable with my geisha family, so I really enjoyed the party.
I think our geisha family is like a real family.
Even though our personalities are different, however we don't feel uncomfortable with each other.
Some of my friends sometimes said to me that it might be tough for me to work in such a strict world.
I don't know about other geisha families' relationships, however I'm really glad to belong to my geisha family.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿