My geisha mother, geisha sisters and I went to Spa Resort Hawaiians. We stayed there one night.
My geisha mother plans a one-day or one-night trip several times per year for the geisha in her "Okiya" to help with team building.
My geisha mother had been to Spa Resort Hawaiians one time, and she was impressed by the Hawaiian dance show. She said to us that she also wanted us to watch the wonderful show.
Unfortunately 2 weeks before the trip, my geisha mother's father died, however she didn't cancel the trip.
I reserved some front row seats for the Hawaiian dance show and also reserved the "Tahitian Dance Experience".
Actually, Spa Resort Hawaiians is very famous in Japan, because it was the setting of the famous movie, "Hula Girls".
Ever since I watched that movie, I have wanted to visit Spa Resort Hawaiians.
On the other hand, I felt a bit nervous about the trip, because I expected that I might have to take care of my geisha mother and sisters.
To tell the truth, the most nervous matter for me was the birthmark on my face.
I had already talked about it to my geisha mother and sisters, however I was afraid of their reaction when they would see my birthmark.
Finally the day of the trip came.
We gathered at the highway-express bus stop in Shuinjuku around 9am and arrived at Spa Resort Hawaiians around noon. The bus trip was very comfortable. The bus fee was included in the package which was only \15,000 per person.
The package included the return bus trip, a dinner buffet, breakfast buffet, use of pool, the dance show and shared room for four people. I thought it was a good deal.
As soon as we arrived, we ate lunch together, and after lunch, we checked-in.
Some members had planned to swim at the resort, so they brought their own swimsuits.
However my geisha mother and other members including me hadn't planned to swim, so we hadn't brought our own swimsuits.
By chance the members who hadn't brought swimsuits, were staying in the same room, so we went shopping together.
While shopping, we tried on some swimsuits, and started to want to buy them.
Finally all of us bought new swimsuits and we enjoyed swimming.
After swimming, we ate dinner together. I thought the dinner was not so bad. They used local vegetables, fish and meat.
After dinner, we enjoyed the dance show.
As my geisha mother had said, the dance show was wonderful. Not only their dance technique was wonderful, but also the program was interesting.
While we were enjoying the dance show, the part, where the audience could join in and dance with the dancers, came.
Some of my geisha sisters and I went up on the stage and enjoyed dancing with some of the other audience members.
I really enjoyed the dance show.
After the dance show, I went to the open-air bath with some of my geisha sisters. In the pamphlet, we had already read the explanation about the bath, which had been made in the style of the Edo-period.
In addition, we were looking forward to the traditional Japanese shadow dance show, while we were enjoying the bath.
The dance show started as soon as we entered in the bath.
We were surprised by the high quality of the traditional Japanese dancer who was really dancing behind the shoji screen. Moreover the music was like that we usually use at our parties.
After we enjoyed the bath, we came back to our room.
As I washed my face, I started to get tense because I would have to show my birthmark.
My geisha mother and geisha sisters who were staying the same room, saw my birthmark, however, their reaction was very usual.
After our geisha mother went to bed, my geisha sisters and I visited the next room, in which other geisha sisters were staying, in order to enjoy a game together.
The other geisha sisters' reaction was also very usual, so I was relieved.
After we enjoyed the game for about 1 hour, we went back to our room, and soon after we went to bed.
On the second day, we enjoyed fortune‐telling, which one geisha sister in particular wanted to receive.
To tell the truth, I didn't expect it to be so good, however it was very interesting.
We enjoyed listening to the fortune‐telling for each member of our group.
We were surprised by the accuracy with which the fortune-teller predicted our individual personalities.
Around 3pm, a bus came to pick us up in front of the hotel and take us back to Tokyo.
After the trip, I felt that the distance between our relationship became closer.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿