Since I was 25, I worked at 2 web companies in Tokyo, until 8 years after when I left the web industry.
My first company, which was one of the most famous web companies in Japan at that time, downsized after I left, because of the appearance of new web services.
When I left the first company, I was headhunted by the boss of what would become my second company.
However I left the second company this summer, and became a geisha.
One afternoon recently, I visited the second company I used to work for, because I had another appointment with an acquaintance near by. So I suddenly thought of dropping by the old office.
I have 2 close friends still working at that company, so I called one of them. She was delighted to hear from me.
I bought a poinsettia plant near my apartment and took it as a gift for the office.
When I arrived at the office, everyone took my photo, because I was wearing a kimono and my hair was done up like a geisha.
My close friends, other previous colleagues and I enjoyed talking for 1 hour until my next appointment.
One friend showed photos which she had taken, when she came to the special party with other friends in Hachioji.
As we were looking at those photos, I explained about my new job.
To tell the truth, the friend who had taken the photos, will leave the company at the end of December.
The other friend also wants to quit her job.
I know why they want to quit, because I also had many complaints about the company like they do.
However I realized that working as an employee for a company is more secure, because an employee doesn't need to worry about where the next paycheck will come from, and the health insurance premium is lower than what a self-employee must pay.
Most of all, an employee can have a stable income.
Nevertheless, although I gave up my stable income, I'm happy, because I love my geisha job.
To tell the truth, it's a tough job, however I don't feel any hardship.
I realized that what makes people happy isn't based on their income.
Now neither of my friends can find what they really want to do in their career.
So one friend, who will quit her job this month, will travel around the world after she quits.
I had also been looking for what I really wanted to do for myself, and also what I could do for the world, for a long time.
The time in which I was looking was very painful.
So I can understand their pain.
When I visited at my previous company, I realized the good side of working for a company.
I think the main reason why I quit my job was not based on my complaints about the job. Rather, I was just not able to find motivation to work.
I hope both of my friends will be able to find the best jobs for them.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿