2010年12月7日火曜日

I went back to my hometown.

1 week after the shamisen recital, I went back to my hometown which is in Tokushima.
Since I had already confessed about my new job to my mother, I felt rather depressed, because she told me that I would have to confess about my new job to my father by myself.

When I arrived at Tokushima airport, my parents came to pick me up. At a glance, they looked happy as usual.

However on the way home, in my father's car, my mother said to me that she wasn't able to stand to hide the truth from my father, so she had already told him about me new job.

In addition, she complained about my job again, just like she had complained at the sushi restaurant after the shamisen recital one week ago.

At the sushi restaurant, my aunt had supported me, however in my father's car, nobody was there to support me.

My mother stated again that now I'm in my 30s, however when I'm in my 40s, few customers will request me, and she questioned how I would earn money as I get older.

I realized that I underestimated her understanding of my change of career.
One week ago, I thought I had convinced her to accept my new job however clearly she was still having many doubts.

My mother added that they had spent a lot of money on my education, however I had disappointed them.
My father also stated that my career status is lowered every time I change jobs according to his old-fashioned thinking.

As I listened to their complaints, I was really sad, because I felt they were prejudiced towards geisha.

However, I know Hachioji's geisha are very earnest, and proud of their jobs.
I wanted to object, nevertheless I bit my tongue, because I could really feel their anxiety about my future.
I don't like their thinking, but I do feel their love.

I stayed at their house for 3 nights. On the 1st night, they complained about my new job for several hours, however from the 2nd day, they didn't complain, and we enjoyed talking about other topics.

On the 2nd day, my mother said to me that it's better to keep it a secret from my grandmother, my mother's mother, because she might have a more negative image to geisha.

After I came back to Tokyo, I told about the situation with my parents to some of my friends.
They said to me that my parents' reaction was very normal.
They advised me that the best way to convince them was to show them I'm working happily.

I don't regret becoming a geisha, however I want my family and close friends to understand my situation and also understand a world different to theirs.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿