2010年12月3日金曜日

The confession about my new job to my family

I was planning to confess about my new job to my family after the shamisen recital.
Since I can't stand to hide the truth from people close to me, I had already confessed it to my aunt by email.
However she hadn't replied yet.

One reason why I had left my hometown is because my mother is very conservative. She wanted me to become a public servant in order to have a stable life.

In addition, she often made comparisons between people according to their job and status, etc. I don't like such thinking.

Naturally I was really afraid of her reaction, when I confessed about my new job to her.

We went to a sushi restaurant after the recital. My mother and aunt praised my performance.
My aunt said that my playing posture was the most beautiful of everyone.
My mother added that the people who sat near her had said that I looked like a geisha.
I felt that my heart beat very fast.

I said to my mother and aunt that there was a particular reason why my posture was beautiful and why my appearance was like that of a geisha.

I told them that I had quit my job and started working as a geisha in Hachioji.

As a result, when I play the shamisen as a geisha, my geisha mother often points out my poor posture. So I was aware of my playing posture at the shamisen recital, which is why I received many compliments.

At first, I told them that I became a geisha in order to learn the shamisen more.
My mother turned pale.

She stated that I quit various jobs in the past and questioned what I had learned from such experience.
She added that I had graduated from a relatively famous university and studied law, but couldn't believe why I had become a geisha which is a hard job to make a stable income.

Somehow I seemed to persuad her, however I couldn't do it well.
My aunt, who is unmarried and has her heart into her job as a teacher, helped me to explain my situation.

I brought some photos of me with other geisha and also a guide book about Tokyo's geisha, and showed them to my family.

We talked for about 2 hours. My mother finally looked convinced. I handed a guide book to her when we separated.

She said that I would have to confess it to my father by myself, when I went back to my hometown 1 week after the recital.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿