2011年6月16日木曜日

It’s important to be a geisha for a long time

Recently I have started to feel that it’s important to continue my effort working as a geisha for a long period of time.
The number of customers whom I am getting to know at ozashiki parties is increasing.
The local Hachioji customers who take part in our ozashiki parties can remember my name and also that I’m a shamisen player.

My geisha sisters sometimes comment how hard I practice everyday and praise my efforts. When I practice dance alone, they offer me advice.
My geisha mother also said to me that when I had some free time, she would be able to check my dance. Indeed she has sometimes been checking my dance 2 times a week in spite of being very busy.

I remember when I first joined my Okiya and geisha family about 1 year ago, I found it hard to fit in with them, and I was struggling to remember our customers’ names.

Initially one of my geisha sister said to me that she didn’t want to teach me anything, because she thought that I would quit quickly.
Indeed before I had joined my Okiya, many geisha had quit within a short period.
Actually, when I first started working as a geisha, I was still working for my previous company so I was only part-time.

I remember that not only my geisha sisters but also some customers and some owners of local restaurants that we frequent, all said to me the same thing: it’s important to be a geisha for a long time. Now it has sunk deeply into my mind.

I had several bitter experiences before now, and I will have more painful experiences again and again.
Nevertheless I want to take things one step at a time without stressing myself out.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿