2012年5月14日月曜日

My stage debut wearing a geisha wig: Part 3

I stayed at the okiya the day before my stage debut, because I had to put  on Shironuri make-up from 6am.
On that day I had a narimono lesson at 9am, and after the lesson, I had to leave the okiya in order to attend the ozashiki party in Tachikawa. It was a very busy day.

I woke up at 5:30am and prepared to put on my Shironuri make-up.
My geisha sister, who was also going to join the narimono lesson and attend the ozashiki party in Tachikawa, came to the okiya in order to help me put on the Shironuri make-up.

It was difficult for me to put on the Shironuri make-up, however I think I could do it better than the first time.

Finally I could wear my geisha wig for the first time.
My geisha sister said to me that I looked cuter than usually.
My geisha sister and I helped each other put on our kimonos.

I felt pain on both sides of my head. I told my geisha sister about it and she said that it was difficult to wear the geisha wig and that I might be wearing my hairnet too tight.

When we arrived at the lesson place, my other geisha sisters said to me that there was nothing strange about my geisha wig.

I had my geisha sister take a photo of me which I emailed to my shamisen teacher and some of my friends. They also replied that the wig looked ok.

After the narimono lesson, one geisha sister, Sakura san, and another geisha sister, who is also the geisha mother of another okiya, Ume san, left Hachioji to go to Tachikawa in Ume san’s car.

The ozashiki party in Tachikawa was very big and the stage was also bigger than usual however the place where I entered the stage was different to what I had practiced so I became tense.
Sakura san taught me how to enter the stage from the opposite side during the ozashiki party.

Finally our performance started. I was to dance the last song with Sakura san and Ume san.
I danced feverishly.
I couldn’t remember clearly how I danced. However I think I didn’t make a big mistake even though I couldn’t dance well.

After the ozashiki party in Tachikawa, we had to move to Machida but we didn’t have enough time to travel.

Unfortunately we got into a traffic jam several times. When we hit a traffic jam, Ume san checked the car navigation system to find an alternative route as we were in a hurry.

When we arrived at the venue in Machida and made our way to the stage, it was just 30 seconds before our turn.
I think we were very lucky.

After the performance in Machida, I met with my regular customer, who had paid for my geisha wig, at a small Japanese restaurant.
I was very tired, however I was very glad when I met him.

For my stage debut wearing my geisha wig many people helped me.
I will never forget that day.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿